About baby shoes - a brilliant fashion accessory
What you need about the Unique Hopi Jewelry?
List of helpful gold jewelry markings
A list of gemstones, their properties and meanings in alphabetical order
I Always Love Seeing Grandmas Wearing Their Navajo Clothing
Wear Gemstone Necklaces and Show Your Personal Style
Why is leather cleaning and care so important?
Secrets you need to know when shopping for beading supplies
Birthstones And Gemstones Guide
Current Hot Trends In VIntage Costume Jewelry
Many people these days are actively looking for home businesses because they are tired of living pay check to pay check, slaving to a boss, unpredicable downsizing, and many other reasons. People want to start their own businesses so that they can secure their future and direct their own financial destiny. So if you’re tired of corporate politics, working endless hours, or just plain don’t like your day job for one reason or another, you’ve come to the right place.
People seek businesses because they want the freedom that comes with being their own boss. But the problem with traditional businesses is that it takes an enormous amount of money just to start — not to mention high, recurring on-going expenses.
This is why home based businesses and opportunities are becoming very popular in the 21st century. With a home based business, people can:
- Enjoy the convenience of running a business from the comfort of their own home and set their own hours
- Start and run a business with very little expense and low start-up costs
- Avoid the headaches of running a traditional business
- Take charge of their own financial future
As the Internet emerged, people started looking for ways to make money online and are starting home businesses more than ever before. Internet-based home businesses have become very popular recently, and is a very rewarding way to make money.
On this page, you will learn:
- The Truth About Internet Businesses
- How To Succeed With Internet Home Businesses Using the CTPM Approach
- Various Ways To Make Money With Home Based Businesses
- Free E-books to Help Your Business
- Business Planning & Tax Tips
- How an IAHBE Membership Can Help You
The Truth About Internet Home Businesses
However, the fact remains that 99% of internet businesses fail. Why? It’s because the internet is a vastly different environment from the offline (physical) world. Location is very important for a traditional business. If you have a good location and open shop, a few minutes later someone will stop by to look around.
Online, nobody just “stops by.” In other words, if you put up a web site, no one will find it unless you know how to get the traffic. Some of the most attractive, multimedia-rich web sites have failed because they had little or no traffic. Most of the major web hosting companies lure people with the typical “cheap-quick-easy” trap, selling domain names for only $8 and web hosting for only $4 a month, etc. What they don’t tell you is how you will get the traffic.
So people set up their web sites “in 24 hours” or less, for just a few bucks, and then wait… but no one comes. The major web hosting and advertising companies do offer ways to get traffic – but they often don’t work.
Search engine submission is a common service that they provide. But they offer no help with choosing the right keywords to target your audience. Advertisers offer traffic packages that really do bring in thousands of visitors within a few days. But most likely not one person will buy anything from you – and if your sales copy is really good, you may manage to get a 1-3% conversion rate at best – this rate, according to some, is considered “normal” but with the right tools and methods your conversion rate can be much higher. The reason those traffic packages don’t work is that the traffic is untargetted. Still others provide safelist blasters and similar services to advertise your web site to millions of potential customers overnight – those are a complete waste of time and money.
Succeed With Home Businesses
What your web site needs is lots of high-quality, targetted traffic from the major search engines. You can, of course, spend thousands of dollars for radio and television advertising. But for the average small business person, that is a pricey and risky deal.
So most internet small businesspeople need what we call the CTPM method of designing a web site and building traffic. CTPM stands for Content – Traffic – PREsell – Monetize and is the tried and proven way to build any business online. When done correctly, it is a flawless and logical system that brings in interested visitors to your web site who convert into sales. This is how it works:
- Content — You provide keyword-focused, high-value content on your web site. This helps with your search engine ranking, which in turn brings in…
- Traffic — targetted, high-quality traffic that is interested in what your web site has to offer.
- PREsell — Your high-value content effectively presells your many visitors. They develop trust with you and read your site with an open-to-buy mindset.
- Monetize — This is the fun part. Your happy visitor buys something from you, signs up for an offer, clicks to a merchant partner, etc.
I am not saying that buidling content is the only way to succeed online. But if you do it any other way, it is going to cost you a lot of money. For people who don’t have a Fortune 500 budget, creating a keyword-focused content site is the best way to build a solid foundation for your business in the most cost-effective manner.
The problem with advertising is that once you stop paying for it, the traffic stops too. But a high-quality content site will attract free targetted traffic from the search engines for years. Also your content must “wow” your audience – creating word of mouth buzz.
That’s what a content-rich web site does. The Content helps you rank higher in the search engines – which is what most people use when they are looking for something on the Internet – and this high ranking continues to bring in free and targetted Traffic to your site over and over again.
Many successful business people receive thousands of unique visitors per day to their web sites and they have not even spent a fraction of what the major corporations have paid in advertising. In fact, all these web sites are in the Top 1% on Alexa and they have not spent nearly as much as 99% other people who have failed on the internet.
Ways To Make Money Online
There are several ways to make money on the internet. Elsewhere on this web site I describe how to use paid survey opportunities, paid games opportunities, online reward programs, mystery shopping jobs, and other ways using e-mail, auto-surf, etc. But if you want to really establish a full-time income and secure your future, you need to commit to your own home business. Also, I cannot emphasize enough that having your own web site is essential for your long-term success.
Too many people simply use various money-making programs on the internet, making a buck here and there, but in the long run you need your own web site with your own free, presold traffic. You can then use your web site to develop multiple streams of income — by implementing various monetization models. Whether you already have your own business – offline or online – or whether you are starting anew, a high-quality and content-rich web site will make your business take a quantum leap forward. That’s right – you may already have a web site or e-store, or you may already have a physical, offline business. Or perhaps you are an affiliate, network marketer, or a service seller. Or maybe you are just starting.
No matter where you are or what business you are currently into, if you have the right knowledge and tools you can use the internet to make your business thrive. Just check out all the ways you can monetize your web site.
One commonly used monetization model is the affiliate program. These are programs in which you join – usually for free – and earn a commission for selling other companies’ products. It’s considered a low-risk, high-reward option because as an affiliate you do not have to worry about customer service, inventory, order fulfillment, shipping, and a number of other business necessities.
Please click here for some great affiliate programs you can use on your web site or newsletter.
Free E-books to Help Build Your Home Business
I’ve included several free e-books to help get you started with your home business — whether it is an existing business or a new home business. These are all free to download:
- Affiliate Masters course: This free course shows you how to earn top dollar by becoming an affiliate champion. An affiliate is someone who sells other companies’ products and services for a commission. This is a low-risk, high-reward option for home businesses since there is no product development, order fulfillment, or customer service involved for you – the merchant does all that! This e-book will show you how to choose the best affiliate programs and how to succeed with them.
- Service Sellers course: This free course shows you how to make your service business thrive. Whether you have or are starting a net-related business (web design, java programming, etc.) or other services (landscape design, investment services, fitness training services, etc.) or anything else, the free Service Sellers e-book is for you.
- Netwriting Masters course: This free e-book shows you that doing business on the internet is best done using a two-step approach: PREselling, and then selling. It teaches you how to effectively presell your visitors andhow to sell. Other net writing courses only deal with the selling step which is certainly not the most effective. Take the Netwriting Masters course to make your sales soar!
- Net Auction Masters course: Take the Net Auction Masters course to get started making money with online auction sites such as Ebay. Net auction sales is another low-risk business option.
- Webmasters Business Masters course: This free e-book is custom tailored for webmasters. If you are a webmaster, take this course to learn how to build high-quality, client-focused web sites at affordable prices – creating a win-win situation for both you and your clients.
- Pricing Masters course: Other than the Fortune 500, almost no one prices their products optimally. The Fortune 500 pay pricing consultants $15,000 per product to deliver profit-maximizing pricing strategies. But you don’t have to pay that much – take the Pricing Masters course and make sure your price is right.
- InfoProduct Masters course: This free e-book teaches you how to convert your knowledge into cash. Learn how to create your own proprietary digital goods (e.g., e-book) and sell them on your web site. One big advantage to selling information products is that they can be delivered online – no shipping, no production costs, no hassles that come with dealing with hard goods. To get your free InfoProduct Masters course, click here to send a blank e-mail to email@example.com. Please make sure the subject is “MASTERS” – all capital letters, without the quotes. Otherwise, the request will be ignored as spam.
Home businesses are a wonderful income generating option if you do it right. Please make use of the free e-books above – they will help tremendously. To let your home business thrive, it is a good idea to use several great programs to form multiple income streams. So be sure to check out the Affiliate Income page (coming soon!) for some great programs to join.
Business Planning and Tax Tips
In order to avoid headaches running your home business, it is necessary to organize and do the proper planning for your business. You also have to prepare for that dreaded thing called taxes. Unfortunately, tax issues are unavoidable – if you want to stay legal, that is. For more information, check out my tax tips.
International Association of Home Business Entrepreneurs (IAHBE)
Another great resource is the International Association of Home Business Entrepreneurs (IAHBE). As a member of the IAHBE, you receive:
- Timely reports from world-recognized experts in the marketing and home business arena
- Monthly audio seminars from top home business entrepreneurs
- New, exclusive articles on home business topics that matter to you
- Free monthly Windows and Macintosh software for your home business
- Exclusive monthly home business book and tool reviews
- Marketing aids for generating sales and profits
- Monthly freebies and money-saving special offers from marketing experts
- Subscriptions to top business magazines, such as Fast Company, Inc., Entrepreneur, etc.
- Free best-selling books that cover the home business landscape from A to Z
- Access to the IAHBE Web Resources directory for home business owners
- Motivational Thought of the Day
- Free access to new exclusive interviews and advice from home business owners who are now acheiving their dreams
- Access to the IAHBE archives, with over 8 hours of informative audio seminars from the experts, more than 150 expert and exclusive business-building reports, dozens of exclusive interviews with home business’ most successful entrepreneurs and marketing experts, and more.